Surah 87: Al-'Aala- The Most High
Dimensions: 35 x 33 cm
Medium: Ink on paper. Limited Edition Giclee Print of 50 on 220 gsm paper available.
Limited edition print of original calligraphy work.
All prints are sold with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
You can know more about the artist here: http://www.everitte.org/
These prints are part of a series I'm doing of abstract images from the Holy Quran. So far I've finished five complete surahs of the Quran, as well as many additional pieces containing one or more verses. Eventually, I intend to write the entire Quran in these images. This Surah, called Al-'ala, meaning "The Most High".
All 19 verses are written and none are repeated. The first verse is written in the center circle. Verses two and three are written in the inner ring, 4-11 in the small middle ring, and 12-19 in the outermost ring. The verses can also be identified by their Hindu-Arabic numerals found at the end of each verse.
1. Exalt the name of your Lord, the Most High,
2. Who created and proportioned
3. And who destined and [then] guided
4. And who brings out the pasture
5. And [then] makes it black stubble.
6. We will make you recite, [O Muhammad], and you will not forget,
7. Except what Allah should. Indeed, He knows what is declared and what is hidden.
8. And We will ease you toward ease.
9. So remind, if the reminder should benefit;
10. He who fears [Allah] will be reminded.
11. But the wretched one will avoid it –
12. [He] who will [enter and] burn in the greatest Fire,
13. Neither dying therein nor living.
14. He has certainly succeeded who purifies himself
15. And mentions the name of his Lord and prays.
First Item: $ 5.00
Additional Items: $ 0.00
All Other Countries
First Item: $ 17.00
Additional Items: $ 5.00