Surah 89: Al-Fajr- By the Dawn- Arabic Calligraphy Print Edition of 50
Dimensions: 36 x 34 cm
Medium: Ink on paper. Limited Edition Giclee Print of 50 on 300gsm paper available.
Limited edition print of original calligraphy work.
All prints are sold with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
You can know more about the artist here: http://www.everitte.org/
These prints are part of a series of abstract images from the Holy Quran.
Eventually, I intend to write the entire Quran in these images. This Surah, called Al-Fajr, meaning "The Dawn". All 30 verses are written and none are repeated. The first verse which translates as "by the dawn" is written in the center circle. The verses continue in the two triangular rings, then into the drops, and finally, end in the dark areas around the outside of the circle. The verses can also be identified by their Hindu-Arabic numerals found at the end of each verse. A full translation by Sahih International can be read at the bottom of this description
1. By the Dawn
2. And [by] ten nights
3. And [by] the even [number] and the odd
4. And [by] the night when it passes,
5. Is there [not] in [all] that an oath [sufficient] for one of perception?
6. Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with ‘Aad –
7. [With] Iram – who had lofty pillars,
8. The likes of whom had never been created in the land?
9. And [with] Thamūd, who carved out the rocks in the valley?
10. And [with] Pharaoh, owner of the stakes? –
11. [All of] whom oppressed within the lands
12. And increased therein the corruption.
13. So your Lord poured upon them a scourge of punishment.
14. Indeed, your Lord is in observation.
15. And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."
16. But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."
17. No! But you do not honor the orphan
18. And you do not encourage one another to feed the poor.
19. And you consume inheritance, devouring [it] altogether,
20. And you love wealth with immense love.
21. No! When the earth has been leveled – pounded and crushed –
22. And your Lord has come and the angels, rank upon rank,
23. And brought [within view], that Day, is Hell – that Day, man will remember, but what good to him will be the remembrance?
24. He will say, "Oh, I wish I had sent ahead [some good] for my life."
25. So on that Day, none will punish [as severely] as His punishment,
26. And none will bind [as severely] as His binding [of the evildoers].
First Item: $ 5.00
Additional Items: $ 0.00
All Other Countries
First Item: $ 17.00
Additional Items: $ 5.00