Organic Bluecrop Blueberry Seeds - 35 Seeds-Large and huge sweet berry
Organic Bluecrop Blueberry Seeds - 35 Seeds
Description: Produces extra-large berries! Light blue fruit has exceptionally fresh flavor. Just 65 berries fill a cup (you’d need over 100 of most varieties’ fruit for equal measure). Ripens late July. Grows 4-6 ft.
USDA Zones: 3-7
Height: 4-6 feet
Spacing: 4 -6 feet
Depth: plant at the same depth as in the nursery
Spread: 4 feet
Sun/Shade: Full Sun
Pollinator: Another highbush variety
Yield: 10-20 pounds
Watering: Blueberry bushes have very shallow root systems and are very sensitive to water fluctuations. They need at least 1 to 2 inches of water per week. In dry seasons, supplemental watering is essential to obtain good yields of high quality products. However, do not apply water after early September unless soil is very dry.
Starting Blueberries: Usually you will need to add a soil amendment like peat moss to get the pH that low, which is usually good as the additional humus introduced will help in drainage as well. You may need to add another amendment like sulfur to get the pH into the desired range. The soil should be a loamy mix, about 4-7 % organic matter. Blueberries have shallow roots and so drainage is important. If you have a clay soil or poor drainage you may want to consider raised garden beds for your blueberries. As an alternative you can consider hilling up around the plants. And compost is always a good thing to introduce into your soil preparation.
Fertilizer: Organic fertilizer that balances out at 10 – 10 – 10 (P, Ca, Mg) works the best. As always, compost will do this for you if you have a ready supply.
Pruning: There are some varying thoughts on pruning. Early pruning develops a very dense blueberry bush that will bear more fruit, however, it is thought, at the cost of hardiness. Not pruning heavily, allows the blueberry bush to attain a natural look and still allows heavy bearing of blueberry fruits. Thinning is always recommended for proper blueberry plant health and blueberry fruit production.
Harvesting: To pick by hand, gently roll berries between your thumb and forefinger, removing fully ripe berries and leaving unripe berries for the next picking. A picker can collect berries in an open container attached to a belt or cord at waist level. This frees both hands for picking. Blueberry fruits may be picked 2 to 4 times per season.
Soil pH: 4.0 to 4.7
Foliage: Crimson in the Fall
Fruit: Large to very large, firm, bright light blue berries
Comments: Highbush blueberry. Fruit has small scar; crack resistance. Good subacid flavor. Foliage is somewhat sparse. Overbears unless properly pruned. Bears for over a month. Fruit maintains good size. Moderately drought resistant. Withstands spring frost. Special considerations turn red before dropping in fall northern highbush variety. Produces medium-large blueberries. Good for fresh eatting, preserves, baking & freezing. To ensure proper pollination, plant 2 or more varieties . Could use the jersey blueberry variety. Unique characteristics: harvest when all reddish color around the stem is gone. Prune out leggy small twigs for bigger, better berries. Feed with an acidic fertilizer beginning the second year. Protect fruit from birds with a netting.
Health Information: The dye that is released from the blueberries' skin may well be the most valuable nutrient the fruit has to offer. The pigments in blueberries and also in red crops such as cherries, plums, and red cabbage are powerful antioxidants. They have been determined to be a much-heralded chemical warrior against heart disease and also cancer. Blueberries actually have the highest antioxidant capacity because of their large anthocyanin concentration. Blueberries are not only a powerful antioxidant but also have been proved to preserve vision. Blueberry extract, high in compounds called anthocyanosides, has been found in clinical studies to slow down visual loss. Blueberries are literally bursting with nutrients and flavor, yet very low in calories. In the 1990s and Early 2000s researchers at Tufts University analyzed 60 fruits and vegetables for their antioxidant capability. Blueberries came out on top, rating highest in their capacity to destroy free radicals. Researchers have found that blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of age-related conditions such as Alzheimer's disease or dementia. Researchers found that diets rich in blueberries significantly improved both the learning capacity and motor skills of aging animals, making them mentally equivalent to much younger ones.
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
I asked a question three times about some seeds I purchased from them. still waiting for answer. Its been over two weeks. I won't buy from them any more.
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.